RBI Syllabus (Phase-II)
Paper-I - Economic and social Issues
Growth and Development - Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income - Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India - Sustainable Development and Environmental issues. Economic Reforms in India - Industrial and Labour Policy - Monetary and Fiscal Policy - Privatization - Role of Economic Planning. Globalization - Opening up of the Indian Economy - Balance of Payments, Export - Import Policy - International Economic Institutions - IMF and World Bank - WTO - Regional Economic Co-operation. Social Structure in India - Multiculturalism - Demographic Trends - Urbanization and Migration - Gender Issues - Social Justice : Positive Discrimination in favor of the under privileged - Social Movements - Indian Political System - Human Development - Social Sectors in India, Health and Education
Paper-II -English (Writing Skills)
The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic.
Paper-III - Finance and Management
- Finance and Management:
- Financial System
- Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions
- Reserve Bank of India- functions and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India, Financial Institutions - SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc.
Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions, instruments, recent developments. General Topics
- Risk Management in Banking Sector
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures and Swap
- Changing Landscape of Banking sector
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector.
- The Union Budget - Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM),
- Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI - components and trends.
Management: its nature and scope; The Management Processes; Planning, Organization, Staffing, Directing and controlling; The Role of a Manager in an Organization. Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader. Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal - Potential appraisal and development - Feedback and Performance Counseling - Career Planning - Training and Development - Rewards - Employee Welfare. Motivation, Morale and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale. Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology. Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.